Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's a Flower?

I know that it has been a very long time since my last post and sadly not a whole lot has happened since then.

We have ordered our invitations and should be getting those in by the end of the month. Which means I have 2 months to address before I have to send them out. Realistically, it's going to take me 2 months to save up enough money to buy stamps!

I also booked the florist. I know nothing about flowers only that they make the wedding nice so I can not give you any details here. I told the florist as long as the colors match and there are no roses. I do not know what my deal is with the rose, I love the smell, but I think I feel they are too romantic for the look we are going for. We decided on using a bunch of greenery and branches for the centerpieces. My bouquet will be white and green and the bridesmaids will be white, green, with some yellow. Averie will "carry" a yellow ball of flowers (this has a wedding name, but who cares). The guys flowers will be a yellow flower that looks like a ball. Obviously, from my above choice of words, I don't have a clue what a flower is.

We got our cake done. The bottom layer is chocolate with a dark chocolate ganache and then there is caramel on the bottom. The second layer is white chocolate with a raspberry filling, and the top is tiramisu. I can not wait to eat it.

We got the rooms blocked off for everybody and ordered the cards that have that information printed to stick in the invitations.

My Kindergarten graduation is on Thursday. After that I will move my kids over to someone else and then be in charge of around 30 kids that range from grade 1st-5th...should be interesting.

Only a month and a half until I'll be sitting on the beach in Mexico :)

1 comment:

  1. well crap I just responded to your invite post and now I see that you have already ordered. Don't be offended if I said I didn't like the ones you picked lol! I suck at flower picking also. Personally I think its a lot of money on something I didn't care that much about, oh well to each their own. Your cake sounds amazing! I miss theknot, Kelli and I spend many hours on that site. Mostly making fun of the crazy brides that thought their world would end if something went wrong on their most important day of their life!!

    ReplyDelete