Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How Many Different Ways Can I Bake A Chicken?

Baking chicken might be the easiest way to make supper. You throw some seasonings on it and put it in the oven. Tonight I tried something new. I baked the chicken with just a little pepper on it (I know this sounds like the same boring way, but give me a minute.) As it was cooking, I sauteed some squash, zucchini, okra, and mushrooms in a pan (also with a little pepper on them). Then, I put the vegetables in a dish and took the chicken out and layed that on top of the vegetables. Then I poured a can of Hunts diced tomatoes (with garlic and oregano seasoning) and put it back in the oven for about 10 minutes. It was very tasty and seemed healthy enough that I didn't feel too guilty about the piece of garlic bread that I ate with it..or the chocolate bar that I will no doubt have later on. (thank goodness all those pesky girl scout cookies are out of here!) I feel like an old woman blogging about baked chicken :)

We also put down the deposit on the venue site and we will get to go see it again in April when my decorators are down! I can't wait to go dress shopping. My sister says I'll be picky, difficult, and expensive..which is probably true...but as long as I have a mimosa in the morning I'll also be pleasant. Besides, I feel like with my niece's attitude, she obviously looks up to me so I'd hate to disappoint her and not behave like the youngest should!

2 comments:

  1. Did your sister tell you that she was also picky, difficult and have you asked her how much her wedding cost??? haha. I can't wait to hear about the dress shopping experience. I wish you were going to be on Say Yes to The Dress, Dallas Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatev!! I never said any of those things and that is why I am DISTRESSED about your niece growing up to be like you!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete