Using my Saturday morning to catch up on my blogging today. I have been taking pictures to post on here, but never seem to take the next step to actually putting up a post. So here goes:
I started invites last weekend, and some of you may be disappointed in the ones that I chose. I do not think they were anyone's favorites, but I sincerely doubt anybody cares either...haha. I seem to have run away with the chevron print, invites, cake, etc...so I suppose that is the new theme to the wedding. Luckily for everybody, I could not find a chevron print wedding dress :)
I know, they are a little crazy, but I hope that the green helps the eyes to not go too crazy. I know that some people won't like them, but I do hope that won't stop people from coming to the wedding.haha. I spent almost 8 hours on Saturday assembling the invitations and am still not finished. I had my Pandora station open and Ev was out so I was all by myself and it was wonderful. Until, I realized that I should not be following the directions for a 3 part envelope system, since I only have 2. Long story short, I have to order 100 more smaller envelopes for the response cards (good thing I started this task early and didn't save it for the last minute!) One other thing, don't judge the outside of your invitation because I did not spell out the words St, Blvd, Ave, or the name of your state. Just open the invite and throw away the envelope without any judgements! haha.
I had my first alterations appointment this last Thursday, and it went great! My mom came down and we spent all day Thursday looking for shoes. Out of every store in the wonderful Northpark Mall (Nordstroms, Kate Spade, etc...) I found the most choices at Dillards. I love the shoes I got and they ended up looking great with the dress.
My alterations lady said that I should only need one more fitting because my length of the dress is perfect already so that is very exciting. I am a little worried that I am getting fitted so early, but hopefully I can maintain my current weight. After the fitting, we looked at some headbands because that was one accessory that I knew I had to have. Earlier in the day, I had tried on a beautiful one but of course it was almost $800! I couldn't even imagine spending that much on a headband, crazy people! Instead, I got a more perfect one and cannot wait to see everything put together.
Everything is coming along great, and I just keep pinning more and more ideas everyday. We are going to have a craft day sometime and try to knock out some ideas.
I also checked off a goal from my bucket list, and finished my first half marathon. I ran the whole thing and made it in 2:31! I couldn't believe that I was able to do it and was very very VERY sore the next day. I think after mile 10, my body was already sore! Totally worth it though and I would definately do it again sometime (in the long away future.)
I hope I posted enough pictures for everybody, and I hope everything checks out with my 3 wedding consultants :)
If I'm considered one of the three, thanks lol. I needed the update, I was sitting her wondering what the heck is Kayla up to with the wedding. Haha wrote that sarcastic but truthfully went to a wedding last weekend and did in fact wonder how things were coming along for you. If I'm being honest (hate that saying) the invites weren't my favorite but who the heck cares. It's your day and if you loved them then they're perfect for your day. I do like the green. Love the shoes! I bet the day with your mom was fun, she's a great shopper! Maybe you and Kelli can run a marathon together. I drove by the school where she's running a few weeks ago and she was super runner! All serious and jamming to her head phones she didn't even see me, even when I almost ran her over. keep the updates coming....I'm reading!
ReplyDeleteps don't you hate when you post something and noone comments!?? lol