I know what you're thinking, where is Kayla? Well, I took what seemed like a month's vacation from all things wedding. Ev's parents took us on vacation to an amazing all inclusive resort in Cancun where I spent 5 days laying on the beach reading non-wedding books. I think Ev enjoyed the wedcation as much as I did. I realize that wedding talk becomes sickening after awhile if you are not that interested in it..ha. When we got back, I finished up addressing the invitations and the last 10 even have the whole state spelled out!
We met with the hotel yesterday and finalized some activities. We decided on white table linens with white napkins and white chair covers with white organza bows. I did all white so that we can add pops of color with other decorations on the tile (for example: chevron tiles that I saw on pinterest that I am going to try). Our flowers for the tables will be white, green, with a little yellow. We will have blue uplighting around the reception room.
Since we are taking all our pictures before the ceremony, we decided on a small cocktail hour appetizer, just a cheese and cracker display. For the food, when you get to the reception, you can decide between citrus glazed salmon or buttermilk seared chicken with a bell pepper sauce. I was wary of this pepper sauce, but it was amazing. You can choose between a vegetable medley(zucchini, squash, asperagus, and bell peppers) or a mashed potato bar (regular or sweet, with a chef preparing the dishes for you and a whole bunch of other toppings).
We are pretty busy the next couple of weeks. Of course, we are going to see the Dark Knight Rises on Saturday. Then at the beginning of August, we have to go home and register and a store in town. After that, I have what should be my final dress fitting. Then, school will be starting so I'll be super busy preparing for that and our shower is in September. This wedding is coming sooner than I imagined it would be, so no more wedcations!
No comments:
Post a Comment