I think we have finally narrowed it down to 2 venues! We loved a place in Deep Ellum that had a bottom room for the reception and then a balcony for the ceremony. It's right across from Twisted Root Burger (which is super delicious!) and in a very artsy neighborhood. After seeing that place, we found Dude, Sweet Chocolate. I first heard of this place in D magazine and we both wanted to check it out. We loaded up on chocolate but so far the only thing we've tasted is a chocolate marshmallow with powered sugar on top and I think I could live off of that forever! Between that chocolate, girl scout cookies, and Valentine's candy from my students I may have to start working out twice a day.
Anyways, after the chocolate store, we went and checked out the Magnolia Hotel downtown. It has a great spot for an outdoor ceremony with a waterfall behind us and vines growing on walls all around. After the ceremony you would walk across the street to this great older building. The guests would take an elevator up and then enter the ballroom. The ballroom looks like it is just about the right size for the number of guests we are expecting.
It's very exciting to finally have 2 good options to choose from. I'm ready to get this part over with and move on to something else. I'm not good at the broad planning, I like the details. I'm beyond ready to get this show on the road!
wheres the pictures???
ReplyDelete